A Man from Hailakandi district died due to APDCL negligence in Assam. 55-year-old Rofiqueuddin Mazarbhuiya, died instantly after electrocuted in Hailakandi, Assam. On June 14, he stepped over a snapped live wire with his barefoot while he was going for the morning azan at a nearby mosque.
Hailakandi District Disaster Management Authority disclosed the information. The working staffs of APDCL, local police, and others rushed to the site of the incident. The police brought the body to the local SK Roy Civil Hospital, for postmortem and later handed over the same to the members of the late’s family.
Soon after, the residence of Hailakandi district raised their voice high against APCL and its negligence. According to the locals, they are already fade up with the constant power cut issue in the district. On the other hand, no APDCL workers are taking care of the damaged high extension lines due to constant rains these days. The neighbours admit this negligence is the only reason behind Rofiqueuddin Mazarbhuiya’s death.